you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Ahhhh the world is clean again....

Thursday, December 1, 2011

:)  it's raining.  you all know I love the rain.  Cuz I really needed a carwash and I'm ghetto like that.  For some reason it got my brain a-thinkin and as I drove to school I had a million different thoughts.... i ended up jotting them down as I drove so I could share my brain map with you (yes, I know that wasn't safe.  that, too, was one of my thoughts).  Here are just a few:

1. I need new wiper blades.  seriously.  we are not a cake.  we do not need an even layer of the stuff on the windsheild. we are aiming for removal here. geeeze. Oh, and if you haven't seen the movie Flash of Genius, you need to see it.  It's about the man who invented in intermittant windsheild wiper and his fight to take it back from the car company big wigs.  Awesome.

2.  I should not have worn these pants today. I'm wearing my cloth flats (smart) and with these shoes my too-long drag on the wet ground pants will act as mini mops in whatever room I venture. What, bio teacher?  You'd like a clean path from the door to my chair? done and done.  and I might even slip and land on my face for your entertainment.  but it'll be extra. credit that is. and don't say I never did anything for you.

3. Yesterday I got up at 2:50 am to do homework (yes that paper I procrastinated. the day of rough draft reckoning is here). sooooo... I've not gotten a lot of sleep lately.  The only reason I articulate this for you (since what student really gets sleep this time of year with all the dumb projects and term papers) is because I have (as of yesterday) developed a twitch in my upper right cheek (face, you sicko).  I feel like the inspector in pink panther.  Not Clouseau, the gray haired one that tries to kill him throughout the film series... oh yeah... Inspector Dreyfus.  He gets the upper cheek twitch, too.  Maybe I'll turn into a homocidal maniac as well.  It remains to be seen.  or maybe I already am one...... dot dot dot. I'm so dumb. dot dot dot

4.  So in the literary vein that I am already crazy, I was dropping the kids off at school this morning and I saw a midget in my rearview mirror.  i was a little startled and i thought whoa.  I had no idea there was a midget parent here.  turns out it was just a normal kid walking into the school.  regularly proportioned and everything. so yeah. crazy.  i vote yes.  but it was pretty cool to see a midget.

5.  You know those mints at chick fil a that people take handfuls of as they leave?  and sometimes when they arrive? and in the middle of their meal?  I LURV those mints. yes, caps.  I must really lurv them.  Well, I personally think that they are head and shoulders above the regular starlight mints they give out at sonic (head and shoulders- does anyone have a comparable phrase I can put in there? I feel so old when I use that). So imagine my surprise and delight when I found that our tricky Sonic has replaced their mints with the meltaway kind that chick fil a has!  They look exactly the same as they used to but they are the heavenly consistancy of CFA's.  Mama. they are nommy.

6.  Last thing- I'm ushering for CGCC's musical review, Chess, tonight.  It starts at 7:30, so if you want to come and see it and get your program from lovely Miss Stephanie, come tonight :)

0 comments: