you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

My Quirky Circadian Rhythm

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A circadian rhythm is an internally driven ~24-hour cycle in biochemical, physiological, or behavioural processes. Circadian rhythms are adjusted to the environment by external cues called zeitgebers, the primary one of which is daylight.

Everyone has their natural alarm clock.  For a while I would always get up at 4:45 (15 minutes before my alarm clock would ring) Now with my crazy night schedule my internal clock has been letting me sleep in until 7:45.  It is bliss. and not.  I don't know why, but no matter how satisfying I think it's going to be after staying up way too late (aka between 12pm and 3am) it never is.  I look at the clock and think "I wasted SO much time this morning" and my body doesn't even feel rested.

Internal wake-up calls aside, i have something even weirder about my circadian stop watch.  Every day I have a time- down to the minute- that I look at the clock.  The same exact time every day. every. day.  11:34am.  It's not like I look at the clock at 11:33 or 11:40 and think it counts.  No, 11:34 on the dot.  it's really weird.  Just now I looked at the clock at 11:34 and thought, "I really need to write this down somewhere, cause I'm sure it'll stop some day and then eventually I'll forget it ever happened." 

Speaking of which, I saw a really cool quote that I thought all you bloggers might appreciate.  It made me feel like my blogging was justified (since my husband gives me a hard time about it sometimes).  I will leave you with this thought- maybe it'll inspire you to blog more- or write in a journal!


0 comments: