you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Today

Sunday, May 22, 2011

TODAY I didn't go to church or choir because I'm sick. bleh.  My throat hurts super bad especially when I swallow, my ears are stuffy and sore and I'm sleepy.  I'm glad that I didn't get it until after the recital- RIGHT after the recital.  I heard strep is going around. boooo. I really hope it's not that! oh- by the way the recital went well and was fun.  My family was sitting in the front row and for one part I'm supposed to point at people in the audience- I pointed at Megan and she LOVED it- she had a huge smile on her face and both kids were giving me thumbs up the whole time.


The kids have been watching Veggie Tales lately and have made up their own imaginary game- Reptile Tales.  They tell the same bible stories but instead of using vegetables they use all their lizard, snake, turtle, and dinosaur toys.  A couple of hours ago I heard them chanting "We MUST help Israel! We MUST help Israel!"  from Matt's room.  It was pretty funny.


Almost done with Aaron's medical school application to Ross. Yay!  I just wanted to take a minute to brag on my husband, which I decided I should do more often on this here blog.  Aaron is super smart about everything. and I mean EVERYTHING.  One time we were playing Scene it Battle of the Sexes with a group of friends- It was men against women and the questions were either things that only men would know or only women would know (have I lost you yet?) Well, the men were asked a women's question: "What are the five spices in Chinese five spice powder?" Awesome.  We women thought we had it made with that one- there was no way any of the men knew it.  Aaron quickly rattled them off:  "hmmm anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper, and fennel."  What the???  I hadn't even heard of Chinese Five Spice Powder!  And I cook!  and HE DOESN'T!  Ok, I lied, he's cooked one time in our marriage and it was 1. to prove he could, 2. for me on my 27th birthday, 3. Time intensive, and  4. yummy. :)   Cashew Chicken Stir-fry. nom. 
It's not just about complete random things that he is smart, either.  He has an opinion on pretty much everything because he's read up on everything. He has perfect grammar. Sometimes I wonder where he finds the time to learn so much. However, don't expect him to remember your name the first time around. The name section of his brain is crowded with other stuff :)  Like the lyrics to his favorite portuguese Los Hermanos song, or the fact that Colin Meloy was born in Helena Montana in October of '74, or the molecular structure of nucleic acids.

1 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick. That stinks! Let me know if you need anything.