you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

gone by in a blur

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I performed at the Gilbert Heritage District Event Friday night-It was a catered live/silent auction- our jazz ensemble sang on the main stage right before the live auction -SUPER SUPER high energy and totally fun.(I guess that makes us the headliners. ha. There were performers on all the levels) and then 5 of us sang solos- I real quick chose one and sang it. NO preparation at all. LOL  I chose Summertime from Porgy and Bess and since it was in a high key in the book they had there, I sang it like a blond bombshell. It was fun to get into it (but the mic was pretty hot). I even had my fishnets and green heels.

This morning Aaron and I sang "Oh Divine Redeemer" at the private family viewing before his Grandma's funeral.  It went really well- Aaron got choked up at the end (making everyone else sob) and i had to sing the last line alone as always- "help me, my Savior."  It's such a beautiful arrangement- we've done it many times before and I'm guessing we'll keep getting asked to do it again and again.  The funeral went well and we had an awesome luncheon with the family- Grandma said she wanted people to perform music and read stories and poems, and she wanted Grandpa to teach the grandkids to dance like they used to (She'd been planning her funeral for a while- modifying it from time to time when she got new ideas).  I've lost a lot of family and friends, but none I saw so frequently as Grandma.  I saw her every single Sunday, and it is surreal to lose her.  When I went to visit her in the hospice a few hours before she passed away, she was sleeping and wouldn't wake up.  I held her hand and kissed her softly on the forehead and it felt like she was already gone.  She was empty.  I miss her a lot already. Tomorrow it will be hard to have family dinner without her. She was a spunky lady.  Rest in peace, Ouida May.

Last of all, did you know Fun. was at Zia in Chandler on Wednesday night?  My kids even got autographs.  they had SO MUCH FUN. no pun intended.  well, not by me, anyway.  here's a song from their newest album

0 comments: