you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Friday

Friday, February 10, 2012

YAY! It's Friday!
This has been a good week, but man, do I need a nap!  I have had so much fun in my classes, which I love.  I have a piano recital on Monday and I also start tutoring on Monday.  My math teacher asked if I'd be willing to stay after class to tutor periodically for 2% extra credit added to my final grade at the end of the semester. Soooooo, I guess I'll have 102% final grade.  I hope he throws a candy bar into the mix, cause who needs 102%?? ha! I LOVE math, so I'm excited to help people understand it better. FUN!!

I have a Dr's appointment this morning- I'm getting my physical exam for my VISA! woot woot!  It's actually a pretty extensive exam- they have to know when you got specific vaccinations and you have to get tested for Tuberculin/PPD, HIV, Chancroid, Gonorrhea, Granuloma inguinale, Leprosy, Lymphogranuloma, Syphilis, Hepatitis, give the date of your last tetanus booster, report blood type, and RH factor.  They have sections for the dr to comment on each part of your body and one for mental status.  I also have to get a full chest xray. wha??  I don't understand why the xray, but ok, I'll fork out cash as long as I can get my visa.

Speaking of cash... Aaron just found out from the school that he'll be getting reimbursed for his laptop! woot woot! yay!

Last, but not least, I finally found the set of corel plates I've been searching for at my local goodwill.  I'm SO happy I found them....  They are my favorite because they are what we had when I was a kid. Totally vintage. LOVE LOVE. Plus, they don't get super hot when you're heating up your food in the microwave, unlike all our other dishes.  Please excuse the sheer red nastiness of my face in this photo :P
I took this picture so I could show my mom and sister the treasure I found :) sooo happy.
And in case you're wondering, yes, I'm bringing them with me to Dom.  Otherwise such a purchase would be foolish.


0 comments: