you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Random Shmandom

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I helped mark the boundaries of the Gilbert youth soccer fields this morning from 8-11. It was REEEEEALLY humid and hot and clouds of mosquitoes were bouncing off me. I saw them land on the rims of my glasses. I don't think I got one bite, though. They were so thick I'm surprised I didn't bite THEM. Thank you, bug spray. Even though you stung my face when I put you on, I owe you one. We'll see how next Saturday goes..... hopefully my sweat wont be as unrelenting. Either way, I'm there to make sure all the fields get lined and Matthew has a place to play his soccer games. Go my favorite sports team! Score a goal... unit... basket! Beat the opponents soundly! (comedian Brian Regan)
--------------
Matt: Megan, I have lots of movies in my head!
Meg:  Matthew, those are called memories, silly!
--------------
Matt: (after screaming his head off about a spider that scrambled up his arm) It was big and it had like five legs!
Me:  Matthew, spiders have eight legs.  Like an octopus.
Matt:  They DO?  ok, it had like eight legs and it was brown,  I think it was a black widow.
Me:  uhhh. ok. whatever.
(How on earth did a 6 yr old male not know that spiders have 8 legs??  I've failed as a parent)

0 comments: