you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Baby Shower Bows.....

Saturday, August 6, 2011

This afternoon I went to a baby shower for my friend, Riki Wamsley, and her almost born daughter Emma Diane Wamsley.  If any of you have known me for a while you know that there is only one thing I bring to girl baby showers.  Bows.  Lots of Bows.  I looked through my hodge podge of crafting supplies and found sufficient supplies to create a sizable gift even though I haven't been shopping for bow stuff in years.  I guess that's what happens when you own a business and have a huge supply like we did.
Here's what I came up with... I'd have liked to do some brighter colors but I used what I had. (sorry about the dingy mat- that's what I use so that I dont get glue on my table... I've had it through the business years and in personal crafting too so.... like 7 years?  LOL)

I didn't sew anything in this batch which is odd for me, so I'm missing a whole other type of bows/flowers, but I didn't have it in me today :)  Maybe you'll see some sewing work of mine with the next shower.  All of the rhinestones are swarovski and are so sparkly but they don't photograph well. oh well.  Here is a close up of all of the bows...

This gray lace and felt one was made to match a grey and white striped outfit that my friend Jaime gave her already...  I don't know if you've noticed, but gray and yellow are a thing right now.

Sequins... are they out or in?  I guess we'll let Emma decide...
Tattered Lavender :)




I love LOVE this one.  It's super cute- i need to make one for us Shumway girls...

Shabby-chic Off-White one


 Sea Foam


 Hot Pink. Yeah baby.


Melted Ribbon.  Soft and Pretty.

Side view so you can see how fluffy :) 


Plain white flower


White Blessing Bow with ricrac elastic- looks whiter in person

side view so you can see the tool on front and behind

 Red layered Grosgrain and Organza on nylon.

These tiny ricrac ones are so precious on a head. Off a head? "eh."
 This one has 5 flowers on it so they pretty much go around the whole head. I love daintiness on babies.  You can see how I gathered the elastic under each flower.

9 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

I wish I had an ounce of your craftiness! So cute!

Lori Thompson said...

I can't wait till I have a girl! :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Um....where were you for my last baby shower!?

Brittney said...

If that's the ONLY thing you bring to baby showers, you're not invited to mine! ;)

Stephanie Shumway said...

Hardy har har- did you see the word "girl?" Yeah.... for boys I actually have to use my brain to think of a gift to make.

Stephanie Shumway said...

Nikki- I have no idea WHAT happened?!@?! I know I got an invite- I'm sure I was busy doing something that pales in comparison to attendance at your shower, boo Stephanie! I'll get on that... I'll make you some :)

Lacey said...

Lovely! I'm a bow snob and make them all the time. I especially love your grey and yellow! love.

Melissa said...

I've been meaning to tell you that I love your bows and now is the perfect chance! You gave me some when Grayce was born that I loved. I'm still using them with Lyla and still loving them. She's starting to grow out of them though, so sad!Thanks for the darling bows though, we've gotten some great use out of them!

jamie hixon said...

Hey, thanks for making her a matching bow for my outfit... you are the best! I so wish I could have been there. And I need to have another girl so that you can make all this rad stuff for me!