you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Moaskee toes

Thursday, August 18, 2011


Moaskee-toes.  The emphasis is on the Mo. 

I have mixed feelings about mosquitoes.  Not like the mixed feelings I have about the 202/60 overpass over by ellsworth. No, I actually have a respect for the convenience of said overpass and I think it's really cool and futuristic-looking.  Like I'm in the middle of a futurama episode.  but I also hate that it blocks the view of the majestic superstitions as you're heading west on the 60.  So.... love/hate category. 

However, mosquitoes evoke a different emotion.  Actually I should say that they anti-voke.  SOMEtimes they are pesky, but I don't hate them.  I think it's because of the fact that everyone attributes their strongest emotion, HATE, to them.  Why so crazy?  Everyone's strong emotions trigger an "I really don't care" attitude in me  <-----that's very much me.  Like when we went camping with a bunch of girls this weekend and all the girls (and women chaperone's) were squealing about big bugs.  I came over and threw the bugs (wowza they WERE big) out the door and had to teach the girls that the bugs weren't there to harm them.  They're just hangin out.  yep, mosquitoes are pesky bugs, but they're easy to kill. They are like little flying hairs- so fragile and easy to dispose of.  Besides which there are tons of anti-mosquito products that will ward them off.  dont be a-hatin. 

However, I have to say that they give me both mild annoyance and mild pleasure as well.  bad: when I just smacked my face really hard after feeling one on my eyebrow, good: when they land on my arm and I can squish them like a blood balloon.  that's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha you're so weird. That's why I love you. But I can kinda understand since that's the same way I feel about pimples and sunburned skin. Let me at 'em! Ha ha I'm so gross....

Julie said...

This summer of record rain and humidity levels in Minnie-soda would change your tune about our much despised state bird, the mosquito!