you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Haiku Wednesday

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Heya chicky monkies. I reeeally should've done this last week, but oh well, I can mess up from time to time and it dont much matter. yes, I just said that. move on. ;) I figured that since I haven't posted all my other haikus I've written on my blog, I'd post them today, Haiku Wednesday, for you all to read and appreciate or not.  Here you go- please comment and tell me which one you like the best and why :)  Thanks peopolas! or peopolos. Me=Dork.


(A mother's haiku)
In a quiet place
Breathing deep, I find repose
Chilly toilet seat
5.24.10


Such a simple thing
Makes me smile and say ahhhhh
Air conditioning
5.24.10

Empty inside now
Looking to fill myself up
Pass me the icecream
5.24.10


Why do we cry so?
Dont' we know it will be fine?
Smile- time will fly
5.24.10


Metaphors are nice
Turning People into things
Sadness into art
5.23.10


Music lifts my soul
Notes and chords to fill my whole
Sends thoughts heavenward
5.23.10


Sparkly things bring smiles
To my lips and eyes and heart
how shallow am i?
5.23.10


Pen and paper joined
Are man's most precious asset
Where are yours, my friend?
5.23.10


All these pictures, gold
Dont show blemish or worry
Look young and feel old
5.23.10


I'm a child again
Spirit rediscovered new
Scraped knees, mud on face
5.23.10


So much to distract
from all in life that matters
like what to write next
5.23.10


Old things ripped and cut
Beauty from the forgotten
Broke fashion design
7.21.10

3 comments:

Flutterby said...

I laughed on Empty inside now maybe not being allowed to have ice cream influenced my interest. I think my favorite is I'm a child again. Well done.

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha LOVED the first one...just because it starts off sounding so deep and soul searching and then we come to find out you're sitting on the toilet. ha ha. Cracks me up. I love surprises like that. I also liked the child again one. That's a close second.

Brittney said...

My favorite is also the child again one. That is so you! Not childish of course but enthusiastic and not afraid to get dirty.