you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

DATE NIGHT, Episode 1

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Episode 1: Liberty Market NOM X 50 bazillion & Geek Empire woot!

Heya people!
I'm starting a Date Night Series and this is numero uno!

Aaron and I went on an A W E S O M E date on Friday.

(Dont ask me about my popeye arm- I have no
idea why it looks so big- lol)

First we went to Liberty Market for Dinner... [click for review  1  2  3 ] . This place was AMAZING! if you follow me on twitter you got a few tweets about it as I was melting from the sheer awesomeness of the tasty food. (the restaurant even RT'd my tweet to all their followers: [RT @demanieshs OMG That G stands for great googly gobbstopping gundersnatch. i just partook of the best food i've ever eaten. Liberty Market, marry me!]  ha ha)

I got the Picnic Sandwich, pressed, and fresh fruit
It has roasted turkey, caramelized pecans, green apple, bleu cheese spread, mixed greens, and roasted poblano pepper aioli. O.M.Gundersnatch!!  It was amazing!  I took that first bite and my eyes rolled back in my head and a moan escaped from my salivating mouth. NOT EVEN KIDDING. sooo funny.

looks like a normal sandwich, right? WRONG! A-MA-ZING!

Aaron did the same. He had the Maiden Lane sandwich, pressed, and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (w/diced sweet potatos, cranberries, and carmelized pecans)
The Maiden had roasted turkey, brie, red cabbage slaw, cranberry, horseradish aioli  Wowza. it was sooo savory.

Aaron's not a sweet potato fan, but he said that this salad was really tasty-
he made me try it and I was surprised at how good it was.
not a looker, though. definitely not a looker.

For dessert we had the tastiest bread pudding. not dense or soggy. it was perfect. They make it out of their cinnamon rolls. Yumm-o! Get this- in the morning, they make french toast out of the night before's bread pudding- does it get any better than that? seriously!!

(Whoops! SHOOT! It was too good- I forgot to take a picture of it before we dove in...
well, not really, I thought about it but didn't want to stop to get the camera out.
You'll just have to see it for yourselves when you visit.
Cause..... let's face it, you ARE going to visit because you trust my opinion :) 

To top it off, we got to speak to the owners and they are the nicest people and totally deserve every bit of success they achieve. The restaurant is hip and the food is divine. Oh and GetOut wrote an article about their bathrooms a year ago. Check out the tour. LOL
Oh- and one more thing- they have good ice. Like Sonic and all the Banner hospitals. I think I might've died and gone to heaven for one night. :)

If any of you have the foursquare app on your iphones you'll like this next part- Aaron checked in at Liberty Market on foursquare and there was another guy currently checked in (his picture comes up with his name)- so we played where's waldo in the restaurant.  I won! I found "dave" and asked if it was him. He looked a little confused and I told him that we just checked in on foursquare and had fun trying to pick him out. He thought it was hilarious. We sat by him and his date and chatted for a while. hee hee We are such dorks (but we have fun so what the hay)

Then we headed over to what used to be Big Fish Pub and is now Smokey's Bar and Grill on Gilbert and Main Street. (Bit of History: My high school boyfriend played with his band there once and meanwhile I filled his truck bed with balloons to ask him to the winter formal dance- hee hee so juvenile)

We went to see our friend, Bryce Dopp, play bass there with two of his bands, Geek Empire, and The Undercovers (cover band). I'm not going to review them as thoroughly as I did the food, but I've got to say they were ROCKIN!  And very entertaining to watch. They have so much fun playing up there and tell appropriately cheesy jokes. Dallas goes crazy and has to jump at least once in every song and the guitarist, Clark, can shred some serious guitar. I also really liked his green shoes, which I made sure to get a picture of- I need that pic to put up here, BD! I was really impressed with one song that Bryce wrote- you go, dude!  He wanted his wife, (also my good friend since highschool) Nikki Dopp, to take pictures with his camera which she wasn't too excited about so I ended up taking them the entire time. 
I really need a new camera- thanks for trusting me with the fancy shmancy equipment, Bryce! I had a lot of fun with it :)

(Nikki and Me... yes, we called eachother beforehand to coordinate. Conversation went something like this:
Nikki: Hey Steph, are you gonna wear your red shirt tonight, cause I really don't think it'll go with the teal shirt I'm wearing.
Stephanie: Eh, it's ok, it's dirty anyway and I don't wash anything until the following month. I have a system.  I DO have that one green hulk tshirt that I was thinking of wearing
Nikki: Nah, you should try looking like a girl and not a comicon nerd.
Stephanie: oh. ok. how about that stripey shirt with the teal trim?
Nikki: sounds great!
Stephanie: yay!
YES MEN, WE DO THIS EVERY DAY. MYTH CONFIRMED. tell your friends.)

Green Shoe Ammendment!  What a cool cat.

All in all it was a very very very fun date!! I can't wait for our next outing (which I'm sure you will hear all about in Date Night, Episode 2)!
Woot woot!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

I should NOT have read this post before breakfast. Yummm... so hungry!

Sera Lucia said...

NOM x 50 Bazillion. hee hee hee. I just love ya.

Bryce D. said...

Those guys were awesome! I'm know for a fact they appreciated you and Aaron coming out to hear them and playing the role of photographer. =)

You guys rock!

Lori Thompson said...

Looks so fun! We should of went on double dates...too busy with ladies night!!

neddy said...

What a lovely evening story.
Great musica!

John and Sara (Rosenhan) Barlow said...

WAHOO!!!! Your back on your blog=) You know you are the reason I started a blog. Yes, it is true. Your absence almost shook my testimony of blogging =D Ha Ha Ha. No, but truly I missed you. And girl, wow am I jealous of all the fun that you are having on campus! I sure miss you!!! Your date sounded like a blast, we may just have to double sometime...soon ;-) And you are going back to school! CGCC even! Our almost, but never was, alma mater *sigh*, I'm so proud of you!!!! You brave woman you. Go Steph!