you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Jesus' Birthday is AWESOME!

Monday, December 22, 2008


Merry Christmas Everyone! Another year has come and gone and I still think of what Megan said last year, "Jesus' Birthday is AWESOME!" Please make this Christmas one that you will remember your whole life! Go do something WONDERFUL for someone! Last year was really tight for us and I was at Goodwill getting some stocking stuffers for my kids- I remember I only had something like $5 to spend so I had to stretch it BIG TIME. I got my stuffers and was getting into the car when a man rode up on his bike and gave me $100 and told me that he wanted to "pay it forward" and that he wanted me and my kids to have a Merry Christmas. I was dumb-struck. I cried. I babbled out a "Thank you so much!" as he rode away. I hope he remembers that Christmas for the rest of his life because I know I will. We can all be that man. It doesn't have to be money, you can figure out how to really lift someone's spirit if you just put forth a little effort! Get out of here! Go do some good! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I almost made it the whole season without hearing "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"... but then I viewed your blog.

You are mean. :-)

Kristen said...

Oh, then I'm really glad that I always leave the sound off when checking blogs!

Unknown said...

Stephanie! That is so awesome about your Christmas Angel who gave you that money last year. What a blessing and memory you'll keep forever. That makes me happy to hear that someone helped you last year. We love you and we'll see you at the party Tuesday! Yeah!

Valerie said...

Okay, here is my retraction. I take back everything I said about Stephanie being mean. I really do want the sock monkey :-)

Sandra said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stephanie!

Melissa Braegger said...

Love this story Stephanie this really is what Christmas is all about. Glad you had a great Christmas.