you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Ragdoll

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I've wanted to try this ragdoll pattern I found on line for a while now, and I finally did last week. I'm not going to give you the link to the pattern because it wasn't very good. I had to alter a lot (and still there are things I'd like to have changed- arms were too skinny and too long for the body and the legs are too skinny, but hey, I'm a first timer), so I decided that when I get time I'm going to make a pattern and tutorial for all of you who want to try this very easy thing. The heart patterned fabric was from a pair of pajama pants I've had for a while and were starting to fall apart and getting ragged at the hems- the rest was just scrap fabric from previous projects- the hair is made of braided strips of scrap fabric. It was supposed to be made of yarn, but I didn't have any at home so I improvised. I kind of like this look. It's even more raggedy, which was the desired effect. I just barely finished it (I let it sit a few days) and here are the results:





Please excuse Megan's outfit. She stayed home from school sick today and I told her she could wear whatever she wanted. This is what she picked. Megan named the doll Amelia, by the way. We decided that Amelia needs shoes, so I'm going to get some fabric paint and put mary janes on her.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I have a great doll pattern that I have used for over 20 years that I just love! If you want, I will send you a copy. Just let me know.

Unknown said...

That is darling, good job Steph. You never cease to amaze me!

Unknown said...

That is darling, good job Steph. You never cease to amaze me!

Court said...

Absolutely darling! You are so creative...I can't wait for you to put the tutorial up.

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE doll. I love the hair. Hey, just tie knot in the end of each arm to suggest a hand and it will take up the extra length. You might have to push out the stuffing to do it.....just a thought. (And I remember those pj pants! Moment of silence.....)