you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Want to learn how to bake bread???

Thursday, November 13, 2008


I have friends who are intimidated by the thought of baking bread. I found this AWESOME site called The Fresh Loaf (don't ask me how I found it, I'm an infamous blog-surfer with a short-term memory). If you visit the Lessons tab, you'll find step-by-step tutorials on how to bake bread. Lesson 1 tells you the basic ingredients in a loaf of bread and what they contribute to the finished loaf- along with a recipe and directions for this novice-suited loaf. The next lesson features the different things that are added into bread and what they do to change the color, texture, and taste of the bread along with a slightly more advanced recipe... each lesson gets more in depth and I love it! I already bake bread and I thought it was very informative and well written. Yay bread! Baking bread is a great thing to know when money's tight and you're living off your food storage :o) With the economy in such a quick recession we might all be baking our bread before long! For extra points, you can bake this in your apple box oven LOL. Now go bake some bread!

2 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha YAY bread! Stephanie you are so amazing. Every time I read your blog you have some tip about food storage, gardening, preparedness....the list goes on. You're just so informed. In fact, I was just thinking "Man Aaron must be so happy and secure having her as a wife!" I'm sure he feels great knowing his family is taken care of because of your preparedness. Brenden is probably worried that we'll have to live off hard beans and wheat stalks if something happens because I hardly know what to do with the stuff in our cans. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Jen and Bryan said...

Hi! That's great that you know Bryan. Isn't he awesome. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have heard your name before... but I can't remember where. Maybe Bryan, maybe someone else...? It's a small world out here. Who knows. :)