you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Root Canal

Tuesday, November 11, 2008


Yup. My first and I'm sure not last root canal. Dr. Matheson was awesome. He even let Aaron assist. During the procedure there was a small leak in the rubber dam (the big rectagluar green thing around my tooth) and so when he would bleach the tooth (yes, they use regular household clorox) Aaron held the vaccum right close to the tooth and then we would rinse and then vaccum out anything that had leaked under the dam. It was working just fine until Dr Matheson was nice enough to let Aaron try the bleaching process.... Well, Aaron had the bleach syringe and the vaccum so while he was doing a great job, he forgot about the vaccum and my throat was flooded with bleach. ACK! I sat straight up and began spitting and sputtering (all of this with the dam dam still on my face... oops, I duplicated a word- I'll just leave it. I hate editing) and they squirted my mouth out with water, but for the rest of the procedure my throat was itchy and I still tasted the beach. Poor Aaron felt so bad. I still love you honey! It turned out great. Thanks Dr. Matheson!

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Luckily, I am being referred out for my re-root canal (or would it be root re-canal?) So Aaron won't be permitted to assist :-)