you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Homemade Bibs

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My friend Rachel had her baby shower yesterday. You all know what I make for girls- bows bows and more bows. I've had to get more creative to do boys gifts. I've done a large vinyl (faux leather)/flannel changing pad, but to get the vinyl cheap I have to drive all the way in to Tempe's SAS (my favorite hole in the wall) and I didn't want to make the trip this week. So this time I looked up a pattern for really cute bibs and used soft absorbant chenille on one side (all except for the halloween bib). Here's the pattern I used: http://chickpeastudio.typepad.com/chickpea_sewing_studio/files/bib_pattern_final.pdf


And here they are........







And a cotton halloween bib. the fabric for the applique is that same as the other side.

6 comments:

Brandis said...

Those are so cute!!!

Sera Lucia said...

Those are so adorable! I hope I'm as crafty as you when I get to be a mom.....

Kristi said...

Those are so cute! I can't even sew a button on things! You did a great job. I wish I had a baby!

Ben and Maggie said...

Way Cute! Glad you found our blog!

Marianne said...

How funny ! I've just made a few bibs using the same pattern. You can check them out on my blog : http://abrandnewbaby.blogspot.com/search/label/bibs. Yours look great, the difference with mine is that I've used velcro in the back. Cheers from France !

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to search online, only your site open up the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Laura