you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Jeesh! What took me so long?

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ok, so I'm super sorry to those who have been patiently waiting for an update since I got to Dominica and have left my blog disappointed. Or even worse, are waiting to see graduation pictures! I am sorry to inform you that I will be skipping the graduation post and getting to the Dominican adventure... Why? Because, 1. Nobody cares about my graduation in relation to what is currently happening, and 2. All of my graduation pics are on my computer which is packed in a box somewhere in Arizona.
So, first, i moved
boxes... Thanks,jimmy, for the ton of boxes you brought me! 

Thanks to all the friends who helped out!! unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of everyone who helped, but here is Käthe and me painting Megan's room back white. I love painting.  It's very therapeutic for me.  Just like the dishes. 

 Our last night in our house.  Thank you, house, for keeping my children warm at night, for letting us eat happy family dinners within your walls, and for being our place of refuge through life's storms. It has been a great 5 years.


Saying Goodbye really stinks!  I've made some lifelong friends here, though.  If you read the blog, you've heard me talk about my B.  This is one of the last times I saw her (right after she helped me clean my house- then we went swimming that night).  Love you, B!  I haven't worked out since we last did together (that doesn't mean I have gotten a workout, but tomato tomato. <---that doesn't really come through right in text, does it?)

Bye bye Campus!
 My mom and I at The Burrito Shack.  Yeah baby.  Thanks so much, mom, for helping me the whole week and packing me up while I was in la la land.  I seriously packed umm A box. no joke.  This woman is amazing. Love you!

We had from Friday to Monday with no house before we flew out, so my friends Nick and Shelly let us stay at the Chateau. They and their family and my B and her family came over Saturday night to swim. My mom got to stay with me until early Sunday morning and Val and Karen stayed Sunday night. On Sunday afternoon the Goodmans came over and Shelly helped me get everything weighed for the very last time (since we'd moved things around and added a few things) and ready to go to the airport. Käthe and Mitchell came over and got the grande tour from all the kids and helped out, too.  Bye Guys!! Thanks for all the help!!!


Love this crazy photo :)  It's now my FB profile picture
 It was prompted by this:
 Me and Shelly
Me and Käthe 

 Thank you to everyone who helped me get out of Arizona!!  Love you all! I will post more about our journey to Dominica a little later.  I have videos! yip yip!  Now I have to walk down to campus to meet Aaron :)    

Oh, here's a teaser- this is a picture I took on the way home from the airport:

0 comments: