you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Celebrating US Independence in Dominica

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Soooo July fourth is a much different day in Dominica.  In fact, all the normal holidays are.  It's just a day like any other day and the only way you know it's a holiday is if you keep track of your calendar.  Today we got together with the student families in our branch and had a swimming party.  No fireworks, nothing patriotic or heart warming, just swimming.  At least we got to try out the waterproofness of our camera and kind of learn what works and what doesnt.  Boys who wont stand still, for instance, can not get a clear picture underwater. ;)

Matthew and Aaron doing their usual acrobatics in the pool


look at those cute teeth

 whoa I look weird.



They love seeing the bubbles on the pictures

Squirmies


I think somebody lost their shoes.

Nope, he's not dead.

Time to go home!  Gnight all!  And enjoy some fireworks for me!

0 comments: