you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Prayers please

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hey friends.  We could sure use your prayers right now.  We just found out last night that our sweet precious angel has Juvenile (type 1) Diabetes. This is going to be a trying experience for her. 
I noticed that she had lost weight (which I was hoping was a growth spurt) and that she was going to the bathroom a lot so I tested her blood sugar last night. 
The meter just read HI.  that's no good.  That means that her blood sugar was 700 or higher when it should be between 70 and 110.
Any support and encouragement you could give her would be wonderful.  Also, a little prayer for me to make it through these last weeks of finals and term papers while dealing with this would not be unappreciated :)
Thanks for reading :) 

9 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

Steph I am so sorry! Lucky she has your experience to help her through this time. We will be praying for her and for you :) Good luck on your finals. Lets play when you are done!

Valerie said...

:( my heart breaks for your little family. I'm praying for each of you. Love you. See ya tomorrow.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Aw Stephanie I'm so sorry! I'm with the first commentor - I'm glad she has a mom who knows what she's doing....although I know that doesn't make it any easier for you. I love little Megan and she is a smart girl. Smarter than most I've seen her age (and you honestly wouldn't believe how much I hear about her...in fact someone who is in your ward just told me the other day how impressed she was with Megan's testimony. All I could say was "oh I know exactly what you're talking about!") she will endure this!

Brenden+Nikki said...

P.S. I do also think that you are the PERFECT example for Megan about how to not let something like this take over her life. It is serious and it will definitely be a challenge for her like you said, but it doesn't mean she can't make the most out of life which I think you're a wonderful example of. I will never forget that day we went to the Randolph Center when all the other leaders were compelling about having to get up early yet you were there with a smile on your face, with no excuses, even though you had had a morning that I can't even fathom. It would have been a good reason to stay home but you didn't let it stop you. I've always admired that and it still serves as an example to me today. Anyway, I think Megan is much the same way. But even still, I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Compelling = complaining

(sorry, I was using my iPhone to type and it always thinks it knows what I want to say better than I do.)

Lori Thompson said...

oh Steph, I am so sorry for this trying time you all have to go through right now. We have you all in our hearts and prayers. Please keep us posted!
Love to all!

Cami said...

Oh, that is such rough news. Poor Megan! My best friend growing up was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes at the same age. It is definitely a big life adjustment. Megan is such a great girl I am sure she will be strong enough to handle it. She will certainly be in my prayers.

Aundrea said...

I'm sorry! At least she has a wonderful example through her mommy & that you can help her with her big adjustment. I completely feel for you guys. Having had g. diabetes & having to shoot myself up with insulin 5 times a day, I can't imagine having to do it my whole life. Love you & prayers sent your family's way!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Steph, Our families prayers are with you and your family. Best of luck during these trying times.