you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

A new addition to our family

Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh come on! You know I wouldn't announce a pregnancy like that! BORING!  And no, I'm not pregnant!  We picked up this lovable, endearing, hideously delicious chair for $20 at goodwill on Saturday. It's much more gold and velvety than the picture would lead you to believe and it rocks, swivels and fits your backside like a glove when you sit in it... not that..a glove fits my backside... but anyway... Every time I see it in our living room I smile from ear to ear.  It's funny how, as long as it's on purpose, decorating with tacky odds and ends is the new cool thing to do.  I just think it rocks, but that might be the hipster in me.  Now all we have to do is get rid of some of the other furniture in our space to make room!
BTW, I took my placement tests today and aced them! Honors English and I have to take the higher placement test for the math because I scored too high in the base level math test. Woot!  When I first started the math portion my brain turned to mush. Luckily, it solidified somehow and I started to recall the math from yesteryear. :) Dude I'm so old!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I seriously think you scored with this chair. Love it! And congrats again on your tests!

Lori Thompson said...

oh GF I have one of these delightful chairs...in my garage. What are you doing to it?? Help me!

Stephanie Shumway said...

Lori- nothing! we love it just the way it is!!! LOL