you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Haiku Wednesday Linky Dink!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010


Heya bloggers! I was given this idea by my friend, Brittney- Thanks Brit, you smarty pants! I'm going to give you all the opportunity to join in on Haiku Wedensdays :) Every Wednesday I'll write a haiku and do a link up so you all can write one and link back here.  Now everyone can try their hand (or brain) at haiku-ing :) what fun!

Each week will have a theme. We will start this next week with the theme of: SCHOOL.
  
Traditionally haikus have something to do with nature or the seasons, but we are taking a more modern approach. Use the theme either as the subject, or mention something about it in passing. (ie: If the theme were dogs, you could either say "My dog is dirty" OR "she had Lassie hair"). We will still do the pattern 5-7-5, however. To learn more about haikus, see here and here
yay! Ok, rack your brains and I hope to see you in our linky dink in one week! Commence countdown!







3 comments:

Nikki said...

That's funny. Ethan just wore his Haiku shirt to school today.

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Stephanie Shumway said...

ha ha- that is my all time favorite haiku. I've wanted that shirt for a while now- I better buckle down and get it :)

Bryce D. said...

Let me know when the subject is tacos! I've got one all lined up. =)