you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

December updates

Thursday, December 13, 2007

A few new things are happening in the Shumway household that I thought I'd write about:


1. Matthew is half-way potty trained... on his own. He says "I needa go cotty" and then goes in to the bathroom all by himself and poops on the potty. Holy Cow says I. It was totally opposite for Megan. She would go #1 on the potty but was so scared to go poop on the potty that she'd get constipated and not go for a few days... at least she didn't poop in her underware- That would NOT have been fun to clean up. I have no idea how to get Matthew to use the potty the rest of the time, but I'm sure he'll learn somehow.

2. Aaron is done with this semester (and not looking forward to one more semester of Physics) He stayed up half the night playing on xbox live to celebrate his independence (I don't know how that's different from any other night... LOL)


3. I was a little creative this winter and made cloven fruit or a pomander as some people know it- I used one of those California clementines (mini orange) and stuck cloves into the peel and tied it with ribbon. It was so much cuter than the one pictured (this is a stock photo) and smelled really good. Matthew ate it today. How sad. And no, it is not meant for consumption. Oh well, I guess he was hungry and it is non-toxic after all. I made a new one with the cloves I recovered. Not as cute, but it smells just as yummy. Wassail!

2 comments:

Peay Family said...

So, my sister-in-law (who has four boys) told me that to get her boys to go pee in the toilet she would stand them at the toilet and pour warm water on their penis until they peed. I guess it helps them to understand the sensation of needing to pee. Anyway, just a tip. (Wow, I must be a mom if I am talking about pee on a blog, sorry)

Melissa Braegger said...

you are so creative! Sorry that your little boy ate it though. Have a Merry Christmas and good luck going through the whole application process.