you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Pumpkin Cookies- Hey, it's fall!

Monday, October 20, 2014

Hey friends!  I thought, since it's fall, that I would post a fallish recipe every so often.  So here is a great recipe for Pumpkin cookies from our Matheson cousins:

Glazed Pumpkin Cookies



Ingredients
  • 2 cups sugar (make sure this is all white sugar)
  • 1 small can pumpkin (15 oz)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups oat flour (blend oatmeal in a blender)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups crushed pecans (the original recipe called for 3c chocolate chips, but I thought it was too sweet with the glaze and I love pecans, so there you go.)

Mix wet ingredients, then add the dry ingredients; mix well.
Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes.  While baking, make glaze:
Glaze
  • 2 c powdered sugar
  • 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1 Tbsp. milk
Mix well and immediately frost warm cookies.  (If this seems thicker than a glaze, just add a little more milk- I can't attest to the consistency if you're somewhere drier than Dominica)

Enjoy!!

0 comments: