you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

I'm back. Again.

Thursday, October 16, 2014



Ha!  You thought I was back before but I was just teasing.  I'm not going to make any promises of regular blog posting, but I'll simply say that I'll try to post a little more often.
What's going on???  Well, a lot.  Not all of which I'm going to post today, but I will give you a mini run down.  We are in Arizona living with Aaron's parents until he takes his 1st board exam and gets assigned a rotation track somewhere.  Possible destinations: Bakersfield CA, Chicago IL, Cheverly MD, Brentwood MD, Queens NY,  Far Rockway NY, Pontiac MI, and Saginaw, MI.
Aaron's first choice is CA but we shall see where we end up.  The rotation tracks begin in December and January but unlike Aaron the kids and I are waiting until school ends in May to move. It kind of needs to happen that way since we don't get any loan money until he's been in rotations for a month and a half. yipes!
Right now Aaron is studying for his first board exam which is suuuuper stressful, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
The kids are both back at the charter school they attended before we left which is nice since they already knew people when they re-enrolled.  It's a great school anyway so we are very happy it was so easy to get them in (not so easy when Meg was a kindergartner).  They are both now in orchestra with Meg on the violin and Matthew on the cello.  The teacher is taking things sooooo slooooowly.  They haven't touched their bows at all and they only know how to pluck like 6 notes.  They get super frustrated about it.  I would, too.  The kids are both very excited about Halloween- I got the stuff to make their costumes at SAS.  Megan is going to be a white wizard and Matthew is going to be Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy.  I ordered his mask and gun on amazon and he's already worn them a few times.  Now I just need to get started making his maroon leather jacket and Megan's dress made of 10 yards of fabric. oy! Of course I will post pictures when I have them.
Other than all that stuff we have been cultivating our garden in the back yard, Meg and Matt enjoy their cub scouts and activity day activities respectively, and I will be singing with Geek Empire again soon.  Fun times!


0 comments: