you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

Sunset Kayaking and Roseau trip

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I borrowed some of my friend, Bree's, kayaks and we all snorkeled and went kayaking at sunset.  It was such a great day! 


Charlie running in front of the beach cottages at PBH. They were built for the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean during filming and are now rented out to vacationers. 

We always walk down the path behind the cottages and pick Carambola (star fruit).
 Silly Megan

Matthew LOVED kayaking.  I got some sweet shots of him and the setting sun.  I love this place




The explorer!  What a cool kid.

 Megan and Cami getting out after Matte's brother paddled them around

----------------------------------------------------------------------
A group of spouses took a trip to Roseau to shop (there is much better selection for food and things in Roseau.  It's the capitol and takes about an hour to get there).

I love my envelopes I got at Astaphans!!

Here is a random cellar door we walked past on our way to Pizza Hut (YEAH BABY- there are only 3 American fast food places on the island- Pizza Hut, KFC and Subway- the only one by where we live is Subway).  It looks like the building owners found it somewhere else and propped it against their wrong shaped cellar doorway.  I love the stone holding it in place.This is so typically Dominica.

Haha this picture still cracks me up.  I took that last pic of the door and then my friend, Chris, said hey go sit in front of it and I'll take an artsy picture.  He positioned me and everything. lol what a goof.

The goof under a fisheye lense.

I used the color filter on my camera where you can select a color in the viewfinder and then any other color turns to grey scale.  Pretty cool green nail polish.  Lacey goes crazy when I pick it off. HA! I'm pretty sure I painted these the night before at her house.

On le bus.  I'm sitting in the very back seat because I don't get car sick like everyone else on the relentlessly winding roads. It's quite a ride!

0 comments: