you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

The Trip

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Well, first on the list of places to go was Miami. It was a long, but happy flight. The kids had a great time and we were in the first seats of the section so we had plenty of room in front of us. I could even put my feet up which was awesome. The flight attendant was amazing. I was soooo impressed. (American Airlines- I think traveling first thing in the morning if you have kids is good advice- then the attendants aren't tired)

This is me thinking, "holy crud...."

Matthew being insane on the plane.

4 hour layover in Miami International Ariport at which Matthew's pack with his gameboy and pokemon card collection was stolen.  lame.  I also got these sunglasses...

and on to....San Juan!  It looks like it's full of water... barely any land to it! We got in at about 9...30? ish? I don't remember.  Anyway, it was dark.  We caught a van taxi to our hotel called "The Beach House" in a run down area. After we lugged all 12 bags up to the hotel room, the kids and I walked across the street to Burger King and got dinner and then walked back and ate dinner on the beach with our toes in the sand.  I let the kids run in the waves which was weird in the dark.


Here are some things I liked... the fresh flowers on the breakfast table were so pretty.

  I love the elephant statue.  Elephants are cool. 

The view from my door

  Loading our plane for Dominica....
The white pillow Matthew is carrying is mine from the hotel..  I forgot my pillow from home (which I love) and so on the way out I snagged it and told them to charge me.  I am SO glad I did cause the pillows here are lumpy nasty sacks.

happy to see their daddy!! 

 Cute and little

uhhhh what?? Does NOT recline?
Here is a pic of the flight out of San Juan- this doesn't even begin to capture the sight I saw.... ok, well it ONLY begins to capture it, rather.

And soooooon.... DOMINICA!!

0 comments: